Carbonate Atlas Index
Carbonate Rock Classification
Non-Skeletal Grain types
Skeletal Grain types
Carbonate Rock Diagenesis
1) To what diagenetic environment can be ascribed the cement in the image?
2) What are the grains in the image?
Ooids and oncoids
Peloids and pisoids
Peloids and ooids
3) What does the photomicrograph represent?
4) What are the skeletal grains in the image?
5) What is the Dunham texture classification term for the carbonate rock in the image?
Fitted fabric packstone
6) What is the green material filling the Nummulites in the centre of the image?
7) What is the Dunham texture classification term for the carbonate rock in the image?
8) What are the dominant coated grains?
9) What is the likely depositional environment of this microfacies?
10) What is the feature crossing in diagonal the image?
What is the feature crossing in diagonal the image?
This is a recap of your answers. Red = wrong anser Green= right answer